Written for first-year Business Management students, Business Cases addresses topical issues such as sustainability, corporate citizenship and human resource management. This holistic approach exposes students to the important aspects of owning and managing a business, especially in the South African context.
- A section on how to use case studies is included for the student so that they will be able to make the most of this book as a practical tool to use alongside the theory that they have learned.
- Case studies highlight the realities local businesses encounter and prepare students for the challenges they will face in the South African business environment.
1. Sustainability – South African Breweries
2. The airline industry – Developing value-based competition in the South African airline market
3. Innovation and technology – Principles and cases in practice
4. Mxit – Using ‘disruptive technology’ to build new mobile social networks
5. Edcon – Retail leaders
6. The dilemmas at NCX Pharmaceuticals
7. Air traffic operations excellence
8. The beer war in South Africa - Two multinational corporations fighting for market share
9. Toyota – Purchasing function
10. International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)
11. South Africa’s global businesses - An untold story
Go to the online catalogue